Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I am, among all, truly grateful

I longed for prosperity so I could succeed in life
I endured poverty so I might learn to appreciate life
I longed for comfort so life would be easy
I endured struggle so I could comfort others
I longed for admiration so men would follow my life
I was given life so I might follow with admiration
I asked for praise so men might bow before me
I was given scorn so I could humble myself before the universe
I asked for a great mind that I would close business opportunities
I was given educational opportunities that I would have an open mind
I asked for rights that I might have influence
I was given discrimination so I might make it right
I asked for answers that I might know much
I was given questions so I might learn great things
My life is rich and profound beyond measure
Despite my flaws in asking for the wrong things
My true dreams were answered
For I got what I needed
Not what I wanted
I am, among all people, truly grateful

No comments: