Monday, October 15, 2007

Autumn Enchantment

Four seasons of the year
Each decidedly different from the rest
Of all of these, I love fall the best
I love to wear its colors
Reds, oranges, greens, and browns
Observe the leaves that bravely drop from the trees
Begging to be raked into a pile
I jump, and scatter them to the four corners of my backyard
The rich woody smell of change fills my nostrils
Halloween will soon be upon us
Restaurants begin selling Delicious flavors of pumpkin
Shakes, pies, muffins
Hordes of pumpkins litter farmer's fields
My mission becomes clear
Find the perfect pumpkin to carve
Create a spooky jack-o-lantern
Triangle eyes, full toothed sneer
Guaranteed to frightfully scare all tricker-treaters
Fall enables me to don another identity
On the night werewolves run wild
And Witches race through the skies
I knock on my neighbor's door's
Determinedly searching
For the delicious cavity haunted candy
Till we come to an old crone's house
Each taunting the next to rap upon it
If you dare, that is
Spirits roams lose
Creatures hibernate
Magic possess the air
And all children out to play
For you see, autumn is quite a enchanting time of year

No comments: