Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Power of Imagination

My daytime adventures and dreams do not end with the setting of sun
They continue through the passing of the night
My body is resting and relaxed
My mind, however, is a different story
Like the faithful clock that refuses to wind down
It tells me of olden times
Times of exploration and journeys
I embark on quests towards the furthest corners of my imagination
I roam boldly throughout strange lands
Discovering the power of belief
I am
I am
a curious child uncovering the mysteries of my back yard
I am
a knight seeking to rescue a town from the clutches of a fiery dragon
On some nights I want to see a story
My mind gladly cooperates
And when I drift away into slumber
I am carried to enchanted lands of yore
To times far away and forgotten
When we weren't afraid to wonder and question
I visit battles
I see common enemies unite under one flag
I drop in on people fighting evil that threatens their livelihood and all they stand for
It is such a glorious time for me
Words fail to capture the moment
I enjoy this privilege because I allow my mind to take the reins once in a while
I fear not curiosity
I am not afraid to question what I am told is real and unreal
I let the child within
-Out!
To run and play and skip about
Performing somersaults in the grass for an imaginary audience
Without worrying about grass stains
I fling back the curtains of doubt
Allowing myself to be
-FREE!
Thus my mind obliges and surprise me and takes me on trip to lands of wonder
I sleep a sleep fit for a king!

No comments: