Monday, March 10, 2008

Brain Fuel

Boredom buzzes in my brain
It arrives unannounced
The devil disguised
In a black cloak
My brain is starved
Starved for the need of knowledge
But not getting a crumb of thought
What is there to do when one drops into a black hole of nothing?
A black sucking vortex of nothing
Nothing to be created
Except this poem
A small log of fuel
For a brain that demands much
Hungering for the want of learning
Ever curious it needs to understand
Understand the unknowable and unattainable
Therein lies its fault
Nothing fed it is enough
A blood thirsty beast
Wanting to suck truth and falsities
From the teat of libraries
Addicted to reading
A junkie craving its fix
This is what my mind has been like
And always will be
Searching for a kernel of info
Seeking to crack it open
And reach the rich meat inside
Continuing all my life
Only ceasing when the last breath leaves my body

No comments: