Wednesday, February 27, 2008

DO NOT

DO NOT what?
Who are you to tell me what I can and can not do? From birth I have catergorized and put myself behind a fence. The burgundy red letters have glared at me, patronized me
and told me I was nothing.I DO NOT want to listen to that voice anymore. I chose to take back the word DO NOT and turn it into something positive. I am allowing myself to decide my fate. You DO NOT have control over me now, and forever. In wintertime I pace back and forth besides the chain link fence and the sign until I witness the promising buds of spring. Before that time comes, I watch the geese migrating and long to cast off the shackles of DO NOT as they do and fly away to freedom. I DO! And so I shall. Goodbye DO NOT! I am forever free from you and your guilded cage. Your voice is fading in my head, and soon I will no longer remember your existence.

No comments: