Wednesday, February 13, 2008

High tide

Bobbing up and down in the eternal sea
An endless wave of faces staring back at me
Thoughts racing in with the tide
Hold on , we're going for a bumpy ride
A kaleidoscope of colors dances in my eyes
My mind preparing like a busy bee hive
Soon will commence the leap off the high dive
My body is poised and ready
I just have to hold my feet steady
My heart pounds in my ears
There's little time to allay my fears
I bounce once, twice with legs tucked
Through the air I glide like a slickened duck
My timing couldn't be more perfect than today
Success will be obtained in this sunny month of May
The crowd is on the edge of their seat
Hoping my efforts won't be met with defeat
I leave you with a lesson, just one
Try without fear of failure and now this poem is done

No comments: