Friday, February 1, 2008

Candle Flame

I realize I can't get away
Even if I transversed 1,000 miles
It would follow me
Forever a lingering shadow
A fragile glue binds my mind together
But the bond is slowly breaking
The fibrous strands are gradually snapping
I thought, perhaps, on majestic Mount Hood...
I cannot escape, Can not endure embarrassing breakdowns
An attribute of the weak and I long to stand amongst the strong
It hurts awful bad and I long for the pain to end
In spite of my desire it will not end it wont decease
My writing has even ceased
For it is an expression of being alive
It was my joyous heartsong
My soul is a waxy candle
The flame, fragile
The wind is blowing harshly
In increasing measurements
Pressure Pressure Pressure
Continually
The flame could not withstand
And the spark of life has been snuffed out
Will it ever be relight?
Only if one believes in miracles

No comments: