Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Philosopical Predicaments to Ponder

I don't mean to be a skeptic
Or criticize the universe's plan
I'm just trying to understand
I guess my curiosity demands I wonder

Why do good people have to suffer
While the bad go unpunished
And why did I have to watch a fifteen year old\
One who never harmed harmed fly
Wither away to nothing
And then on the fourth of July just die

Yet I'm still alive
I seems so cruel
That some get the chance to pursue their dream
While others never even get the chance to live
What is the point of trying
When my life can end in the blink of an eye

Is there a purpose for me on this earth
And if so, is my life path already mapped out for me
Or am I supposed to draw my own?
Are my heart and mind a reliable compass
Or must I find something else inside of me to guide my journey
Which principals should I chose to lead me?
And how do avoid the 'wrong crowd'
I don't want march to beat of someone else's drum
I think I'll follow my own accordion

Why do some children cry themselves to sleep at night
Their innocent stripped away and nothing seem right
While others encounter an endless ocean of love
And never even had to fight

They say struggle makes you stronger
And experience is the best teacher
And if we don't learn early on
We have to repeat the lesson until we understand
But can we ever understand enough?
Is there always a question without answers?

Like When are we going to realize hatred cannot combat itself
But love shall always overcome
And the rich only get richer
While the poor become poorer
One day perhaps we shall walk this earth in peace
When we learn which battles are fought alone
And which ones had to be overcome together

I don't mean to be a skeptic
Or criticize the universe's plan
I'm just trying to understand
I guess my curiosity demands I wonder

1 comment:

dp said...

Hey, Mouse! I really like the contrast between the accordion and the drum. I also like the subtle play with accord as peace and accordion - an instrument of peace? LOL.

Also - have you read Billy Childish ever? I really like what Childish talks about. The way Childish reads is inspiring as well - there's a record called Heaven's Journey - it's not religious I swear! - and on it Childish has about 8 spoken word pieces. Thought you might like it.

I hope to see you in the space!

-Dawn