Friday, December 18, 2009

I always eagerly greeted the Dawn

I always greeted the dawn whilst my siblings slumbered on
Honoring the sun enshrouded in its tunic of fog
Feeling the morning misty breeze
Clear and refreshing across my countenance
Filling my spirit with glee
The rooster rises too and let out a triumphant crow
With a great batterting of wings
And glee it brings!
Spying the first worm shyling poking forth from the earth
Searching skies in fear of the first sparrow
The joy reaches to my marrow!
Dancing in the dew, sky streaking from gray to blue
The bird arrives now breaking forth in song to the dawn
And so gather all worshipers in a mighty throng
A canopy of sounds resound
All I see! Ah me!
The gifts that belong to the early riser!
I find myself all the wiser
For I gladly greeted the dawn
Whilst my siblings slumbered on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see this picture in my head, just like a photograph. What a lovely image. Thank you.