Friday, July 10, 2009

Home

If I could dare to catch a thought, a whim from the santicified air
A fantasy of these hollowed woods
A breeze blowing between oak trees
the only church and savior I have come to know
Time spent in silent rapture as uncountable as the grains of hope in my heart
The hymns of the winged free strike cords of reverence in my heart
resonating beyond the knotted hill
the shameless scrag of brush
the steep rock dotted bluff
Nature cannot bluff
No greater truth can be found than in the ever renewing lush meadows beauty
When the cities tyranny of starless skies and unrelenting din clutter my head
Keeping pen from holy matrimony with page until thy marrow aches and my spirit grows weary
I am renewed as mossy rocks washed free by trickling streams
Inspiration dream visits me
and I am the young bleating kid leaping from one crag of thought to the next
As a nut dropped from on high by a clever bird cracks revealing a tasty morsel within
so the dawn of reason breaks
and I am incapable of utterance until the jeweled moon arises
As one with the wolves I howl my song of praise along with creature choir
tettering on ideas precipice
I know where I belong and where I yearn to be
and where I am is here at
HOME

No comments: